Through this website, you will be able to purchase Unknown Beauty products. We ask for information such as your name, billing and shipping address, email address and payment (credit/debit card) information in order to process your purchase, confirm your order and ship the items to you. If you elect to be added to the Unknown Beauty mailing list, we will use your contact information to communicate with you about our products, services and promotions.
Saved card details will never be shared with third-parties and will only be used to process your order, using our payment partner's (Stripe) systems. Additionally we may also obtain information as a result of authentication or identity checks. Sometimes we may ask for your telephone number. This number may be given to our courier for delivery services. These details allow us to process your order and to let you know the status of your order.
If you contact our Customer Care centre, we may ask for information such as your name, email address, mailing address, telephone number and if you choose to make a purchase, your credit card information. We use this information to assist you and to process your transaction.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect and use the following information in the following ways:
- Billing information for the processing of orders / payments, to provide you with a personalised shopping experience;
- Shipping information to allow for shipment of your order from Unknown Beauty to you in a safe and timely manner;
- Email information to confirm both payment and shipment details, and in some cases to send communications about our products, promotions and services should you choose to opt-in;
- All details collected will be used to fulfil and deliver your order(s) and manage your account, and;
- To prevent fraud and abuse. Personal information that you provide may be disclosed to a credit reference or fraud prevention agency, which may keep a record of that information. Where there is a legal obligation to do so, we may disclose your information to any relevant regulatory body.
OTHERS WITH WHOM WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
Service Providers: We disclose information to outside companies that help us bring you the products and services we offer. For example, we work with outside companies to:
- Assist us in processing payment information;
- Manage a database of customer information;
- Assist us in delivering customer orders;
- Assist us in distributing e-mails;
- Assist us with direct marketing and data collection;
- Provide fraud prevention, and;
- Other services designed to assist us in maximising our business potential.
We require that these outside companies agree to keep all information we provide confidential.
All personal information will be kept for a minimum of 12 months from the date of your first purchase, unless you ask us, in writing, to remove and/or permanently delete any and all personal information we hold, from our records. For those who choose to opt-in to Unknown Beauty’s mailing list, your personal information will be reviewed every 12 months and you may be asked to opt back in to email communications and marketing.
When available you will be given the option of subscribing to our update service which will send you;
• email alerts for new products;
• features, special offers;
• events of interest and;
• one-off marketing promotions.
We do not sell or pass your email to any third parties. Any marketing communications you subscribe to will only be sent by Unknown Beauty. At all times we offer you the option to opt-out of any marketing communications.
We will take reasonable care to maintain appropriate safeguards to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of the information you have provided us with. In addition, it is our policy to never send your credit card number via e-mail.
We use a Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption which encrypts your information before it is sent to us to protect it from unauthorised use. All credit card transactions occur in a secure area of our site, to protect you from any loss, misuse or alteration of information collected. In addition, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that third party business partners' to whom we transfer any data will provide sufficient protection of that personal information.
QUESTIONS / COMPLAINTS
As you navigate and interact with the Website, we automatically collect details of your visit to the Website, including traffic data, location data, logos and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website. We automatically log your IP address to collect certain information about your equipment, browser type and patterns. Your IP address is also logged when you make a purchase as a fraud prevention measure required by the payment gateway.
The information we collect is statistical data and does not identify any individual. It helps us to improve the Website to deliver a better more personalised service.
A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You may refuse to accept browser cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of the Website or services.
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file/directory that stores cookies.
As a customer or potential customer of Unknown Beauty you have the right to know how your personal data is collected, used and stored. We have outlined how we collect, use are store information above.
You have the right to ask us, Unknown Beauty to amend, update, remove and/or permanently delete any information we hold that could identify you as an individual. You can do this by contacting our personal data controller via email at email@example.com.